Tuesday, December 11, 2012

my featured comment on interview with Simon Doonan

I was chosen as one of two "featured comments" on a recent interview with Simon Doonan. It's a topic I feel passionate about. Here's a link to the interview:  http://www.etsy.com/blog/en/2012/an-interview-with-simon-doonan/

Mr. Doonan also had some good advice for product display online that I intend to follow:

"Let your object be the focus of attention. The moment calls for simplicity and minimalism. You don’t need a lot of hoo-ha. It’s about good lighting and clarity so that people can feel they are touching the thing. Craft is always tactile."

I think this especially true for textured acrylic paintings. The way the light catches the surface is just as important as the image itself. In a world full of prints, it is lovely to be able to touch something with dimension. On the screen, light and shadow will have to suffice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment